Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Seasons in the sun

Having bitched royally yesterday about being trapped by materiality [always assuming that means what I think it does], I felt the need to go out today and purchase some oddments.
Disturbingly, I feel all the better for my spendthrift ways and have exorcised the Ramonal demon of ‘I wanna be sedated’. Courtesy of http://glenfuller.blogspot.com/, and which I’ve had stuck in my head for days and days. I am going to be listening to the Ramones for forever and a day. I can feel it.
Mmmmmmmm, shiny new things.
Also purchased – a glorious new moleskine [oh the scent of fresh picked moleskine!] and coasters, for I am a homeware whore. Damn King Street shops.
Comments on contemptuous consumerism invited.

6 comments:

Apples said...

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr Glen Fuller at the recent Grogblogging II held at Sydney RSL. Lovely chap, though he has a tendency to tear everything apart and psychoanalyse every little thing.

I bet he finds this. LOL.

Shelley said...

BB: I probably shouldn't have left him a message that I was wildly in love with him then. Oooooops.
Damn that song.

Anonymous said...

Is there a part of King Street that isn't a shopping mall?

Couldn't live without my 2 CD Ramones compilation though... they're so damn catchy. My neighbours must be pretty bored of hearing 'Judy is a Punk' on repeat all night. (But they're Enmore filth so who cares?)

etc.

Shelley said...

Mark - really, aside from the drinking and freak baiting, what else could one do on king street?
We ought to have a volume/Ramones comp to see if we can rock the fuck out of Enmore...
Gotta love those freaks, there was one near my place at about one this morning. Screaming his arse off [fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck] and, or so it sounded, bouncing off fences, walls, cars, and anything not nailed down. Ah, why live anywhere else?

Anonymous said...

Jeez, I had that pegged as the classier end of town. My illusions are shattered. (Unlike my plastic mirror, which gives completely unshatterable illusions.)

Shelley said...

Anything nearish to Marrickville Metro is lacking class. Anything in Marrickville Metro is utterly devoid of class.
Did said mirror, by any chance, come from Metro?