Friday, September 14, 2007

On day I shall wirte something decent. Until then...

Wherein the author details her foolish fondness for people who fall into the group rather arbitrarily named ‘Virgo’.


I go way back with Virgos. They make up some of my favourite people and they are somewhat over-represented in my life. I’m not sure how they came to be over-represented but I’ve now reached the stage of collecting them and putting them in little boxes and only taking them out once a year, sometime in August or September, for their birthdays and having tea parties for them. Some of that may be lies; forgive me, I have a lot on my mind with trying not to forget to wish people ‘Happy Birthday’ on the right day. And, you know, totally ignoring a certain day in late August for officially being A-Black-Day-Filled-With-Grief(-How-Is-Tumut?).

Anyway, rather than being totally random and seeming quite insane (things that you know I utterly detest), I will explain myself. Virgos, in my book, unreservedly rock. This is evidenced by, oh just you wait for this, Jarvis Cocker (swoon etc etc), my awesome friends J. and N., my nephew (totally anally retentive at 18 months – and he’s been that way ever since!) and now, the new and improved, Kevin Rudd. Okay, sure, it is lame to judge a politician by his star sign, I do understand, but as the man has relatively little going for him and I am willing to grasp straws, well, yay the Virgo. There are others – some of my favourite colleagues for instance but I can’t be arsed naming everyone and, also, I so run out if initials quickly…

Okay, so there are notable exceptions – S. the-cousin-fucking-bitch (my cousin, her bitch) who damn near ruined my relationship with my favourite cousin and, of course, the Black-Filled-etc though to be fair I totally adored him (and still do, to a certain extent, from a police decided [I lie] distance/several hundred kilometres and a couple of years of non-speakers) and now mock him (okay, always mocked him, always mock everyone, there was no fish, no barrel, don’t be so damn hurt!), in safe anonymity, as means of exorcism. Mostly, though, I heart my Virgos…and have totally forgotten why I started writing this and/or what the point is though I think it had something to do with Kevvie and, possibly, insulting people who don’t read this and would probably be offended if they did.

Fuck I need some sleep.

This is a mess.

You just know that I’m going to post this anyway.

A Virgo wouldn’t do that. No way. They’d mop the floor or something stupid like that instead.

I wonder if Kevvie’s anally retentive? I wonder why I find that such an amusing quality in other people. Oh no wait, I don’t wonder that at all - I know.

6 comments:

Winter said...

Both of my parents are Virgos. One is the Good Dad of the North, the other is the Bad Mom of the South. I have about a 50-50 rate on Virgos in the getting along factor.

TimT said...

They’d mop the floor or something stupid like that instead.

Not me, I wouldn't!

Shelley said...

Ah, Tim, but you wouldn't post such a work as this - half thought, barely written, and seriously fucking messy. I'm guessing happy birthdays are in order for some time soon?

Winter, ooh, tough one. There are exceptions...like my housemate who shat in the bath [how to know when it's time to leave]. Both my parents are Scorpios - like me! - we get along fabulously but everyone around us is reduced to ashes. Poor dears.

TimT said...

This is giving it away completely, Nails, but it's the same as Gempires birthday...

Shelley said...

Well that would be a Happy Birthday to you then, Timmy. Not advertising..? Have a lovely day and ffs stop pissing your birthday away on the computer!

Shelley said...

Also, did I not write an entire post about how awesome Virgos are? Proof!!