Monday, April 07, 2008

Memory Lane

The past, sure, is another country, is a place that you cannot, really, visit, and is a place that you can never adequately describe. I’ve been thinking of the past and it flashed through the airwaves and into my life and my brain. So here, while memory lane is oh-so-close, is a list of things that I fucking adored and, right now, this very minute, miss.
Helen and Mikey
Mikey when he was fat and still funny

Denton
The Late Show

I'm quite sure that there's plenty I've forgotten. Damn, eh?

9 comments:

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

Yeah, good old Denton. Do you remember when he used to wear the world's most lurid waistcoats? Them's were the days.

Al Cad said...

How about Mondo Thingo? Is three and a half years too short a period of time for something to make it onto Memory Lane?

Shelley said...

Alexis, I had forgotten. Never again though, never again! One word for you, Alexis, Quantock.

al cad, never really got into that show. I think I prefer Amanda Keller in sidekick role. That's a bit wrong of me, isn't it?

Al Cad said...

Well not very Riot Grrrl.

Shelley said...

I'm not very Riot Grrrl at all! That might be the fault of Douglas Coupland though.

Anonymous said...

I was too young for Helen and Mikey, but the Helen and Judith Lucy show changed my life.

Shelley said...

Did it make you into the woman you are today, Mark...?

No, seriously, Helen and Judith were pretty awesome.

TimT said...

Is it ever too early for a spot of nostalgia? I think NOT!

I remember Denton. I remember sticking up late for 'This Sporting Life' (with Rex 'The Moose' Mossop!).On the rare occasions that I managed to stay up beyond that and watch Blackadder, I *really* thought I was a bad-arse!

Shelley said...

Is half a lifetime away too early for nostalgia, Tim..? You were clearly a very good boy - even as I teenager I rarely made it to bed before midnight or one in the morning. To this day I miss the late night showings of the original Star Trek.