Monday, March 16, 2009

Now I wanna sniff some glue

I must finally be feeling better, less pained, less sorrowful (and yet, oddly, more), and altogether more able. I still walk and stand and move like I've been crippled but today, thus far, I've been without the painkillers. Today I plucked my eyebrows and if that doesn't scream 'recovery', well, I just don't know what would. In the process I spent several minutes admiring how clear and green my eyes were looking. Clearly, lying about and taking painkillers suits me. I have often considered that lying around might, in fact, be the stuff of my life. I am obviously a decorative item. An item to quietly decorate hidden rooms. I still have the need to nap though I've done little all day and little else all week. Perhaps a cup of tea will fix that or, at least, hold it off a little way. I shouldn't like to miss the whole day, something exciting may happen.

6 comments:

DS said...

I strongly advise the taking of tea, it cures most things.

Shelley said...

The kettle is boiling as we speak. My tea is prepped and waiting to go into my dragonfly mug. I am thinking of having a biscuit as well.

Anonymous said...

Hey, a new layout. Very nice. Also liking the random punk rock titles.

Hope you're enjoying the lying around and tea-drinking.

Shelley said...

Alas, Mark, the lying around is now bracketed by long periods of tedious work and a hideous absence of tea.

2 x theft in three posts and I didn't even notice until you mentioned it. For shame!

colonel eggroll said...

Glad you are feeling better. Love the new layout, the lettering looks sweet!

Shelley said...

Thanks, Julia.