Saturday, July 09, 2005

Hey little girl...

The Ramones obsession is growing. Nary a day passes where I do not need, need I say, to listen to this latest of musical obsessions. *sigh* I am so lame.

I was born twenty years too late. I swear. If I’d been born twenty yeas earlier I could’ve been a baby beatnik, then spent part of my childhood in a hippie commune, then I could have gone for a late adolescence/ early adulthood rebellion into punk [gaining, on the way, a free Whitlam era degree], after pursuing half a dozen majors and several degrees I could’ve made a shitload of cash in the eighties as I went through some sort of consumerist money-grubbing stage, arriving at the nineties in time to own the world before it went so totally crap, and, if I did things right, I could now be a smug semi-retiree [though not one of those mother-fucking-morons who voted for The Git]. Of course, I’d now be fairly old, but there’s always botox and plastic for that illusion of the illusion of youth.
See what I could have been? Bloody everything! I've always known I was born to the wrong generation. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Top 5 Ramones Tunes:

1. Judy is a Punk
2. Blitzkrieg Bop
3. I Wanna be Sedated
4. Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment
5. Rock 'n' Roll High School

Tough call, that.

Apples said...

This reminds me of Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite. You need a time travel machine. And you need to fix your headphones.

Shelley said...

Hmmmmmmmm [if I recall correctly] didn't Uncle Rico apply some ah shock treatment to his balls?
I'm sure there's some kind of nasty female equivilent, but I don't wanna try it.
I couldn't even do a top ten right now. Though I'm sure there's a case for 'Teenage Lobotomy' right now, and 'I'm Affected' in general, as my themes...