Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sharing is caring

About a week ago I felt the need for pink toenails and went forth and purchased baby pink nail polish ever so charmingly named ‘Frolic’. Yeah, cute and cutesy. Just not me. Didn’t quite suit me [not my tiny toes anyway]. I subsequently decided that what I needed was a hotter pink. Yeah. It’s suddenly summer after all. So I went out today and looked and looked and looked – honestly, there never is the perfect shade of hot pink when you want it, next week will be fuchsia-fest with just the right colour everywhere – and found one that will suffice. A Barbie pink called ‘Wonder Melon’ – Barbie does seem to be the theme of the day, I woke to some Barbie thing on the telly [oh what nightmares]. So now I have toenails so dead sexy I could shag my own feet. Okay, no, not really, but I do feel like hitting a pub on a beach and flashing my toes in a flirtatious manner and drinking myself silly. Drinking myself silly and inventing names for nail polish colours – I’ve decided that that’s my ideal job. Colours that I presently own [you didn’t think it was just a name, now, did you?] include ‘Seascape’ [it almost matches my bed-linen, damned almost], ‘Pure Chrome’ [really, is anything cooler than looking like you’ve dipped your toes in molten metal?], ‘Speedfire’ [RED! And named after two of my favourite things], and ‘Zeitgeist’ [yeah, mostly bought for the name]. Theses should be written on the naming of nail polish and how it reflects our society. Probably it’s already been done, being done…
Ah frivolity! Where would life be without it?
Now I’m off to re-read ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ to settle an argument with my sister. Hell, what else are Sunday afternoons for? Oh yeah, beer.
Don’t worry though, I’m sure to keep looking at my ‘Wonder Melon’.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the 'Agent Orange' scene from Eternal Sunshine. Nobody really has that job.

(Hmm... how about 'Sub-lime Green'? Or 'Orange Revolution' - which may peel off again before anyone gets used to it.)

Shelley said...

Noooooooooooooooooooo say it ain't so, Mark! Damn, just when I found something I actually wanted to do too.
I must see Eternal Sunshine again - I have the worst memory for movies unless I've seen them a few times.
Sub-lime sounds like it should have vodka in it. Wasn't there an Orange Revoltuion somewhere recently?

Apples said...

How about 'Discharge Yellow?'

Mmmmm, fresh out of work and I can't shake the discharge out of my head.

I heart Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I really hate feet. I'm sure yours are great, but feet in general make me nervous in the back-half of my girlbits, and in the back-half of my throat.

Shelley said...

Actually Boubs, I meant to put a little note on top saying 'BourbonBird - don't read this it contains parts of the body that you find really really icky!'
But you know how lazy and forgetful I am...
Loving 'Discharge Yellow' - need to work something with purulent...pink comes to mind for alliterative purposes, but colour wise? Ew. lol

Rachel Croucher said...

If you want to be really classy you could go with purring pussy pink

Shelley said...

It's all getting too sexy!

Anonymous said...

We have so much in common. Well, the beer anyway.

Shelley said...

Ah, JtH, I'm sure we could find the shade for you - Bleeding Back red perhaps?