Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Get the latest

Hello.

Did I mention that I don’t know what I’m doing?
That the random pointlessness gets to me and gets me crazy?
That I want too little and most of it is fantasy and lies. There is no truth, only art and…

Oh. Stolen. How typical.

The day was long and boring. The bus rides with arseholes and pounding music and thinking of entirely the wrong things, the wrong people. Looking at the men – but not what you think.
Enquiries – oh but ironies – about work, my work, me and work – what to do, what to be, got a fucking arts degree. There’s got to be more, no?
Feeling guilt over possible lies, imaging lying – should I say, imagining trying?
Can I do it all? Can I do it at all?

Sitting on the bus feeling my teeth, obsessing over my teeth, oh why no health insurance? Ah.
Money. It’s always bloody money.
Time for the commune. Let the teeth fall out in the organic marrow. The blood clots grow and the mind left fallow.

Damn, it’s all coming out Dr Seuss and it was meant to be something else, all cooler and crueller. I’m gnashing my teeth.

No, wait, it’s allowed to be about me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been asking myself similar questions recently and just decided to fuck it, pack it all in and study writing... you need to throw some caution to the wind and follow a dream or two, and if you fail just make sure that you've had fun along the way

Unknown said...

I'm with rachy here.

There must be something with the moon or sun or something because as of late, a few people have been musing on their lives. Interesting....very, very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Everyone's going poetastical. (And does this not vindicate my last comment?)

Adam said...

I'm confused. What exactly does alliteration mean?

Shelley said...

Alliteration is when you litter linguistically a letter consistently.
Think 'She Sells Sea Shells by the Sea Shore'.

Shelley said...

And vanity is when you pun your own name when making a point :)

Shelley said...

You were taking the piss, weren't you?

Anonymous said...

That was great. Loved it.

Huggies said...

Sounds like you need a holiday or a change in direction.

Chai said...

Reminds me of the film Lost in Translation.
Charlotte - I am stuck. Does it get easier?
Bob - No. Yes. It gets easier.
Charlotte - Yeah, right. Look at you.

Well, that scene anyway.

And regd that quip about flowers solving everything.... I didnt want to scare him off as there is still time to back out :-)

TimT said...

I don't know what I'm doing, either. Nobody does. Alcohol is a great help, I find.