Saturday, November 12, 2005

Not interesting enough for twenty-five

1. I was a natural blonde until I dyed my hair black when I was sixteen.

2. Earlier this year I was in a car accident. My uncle was driving and he, shall we say, made a pre-emptive strike against the green light. I’m pretty sure that the accident happened because he was looking at my boobs rather than the traffic/lights.

3. When drunk I have to be banned from telephones. I do some horrendously embarrassing things with mobiles, landlines too….just telephones…

4. I used to draw fairly well. Haven’t done it in years and I don’t know why.

5. I am frequently, and unintentionally, ridiculously melodramatic.

6. About five years ago my father was diagnosed with PTSD and some kind of anxiety disorder and has been treated, mostly with pills, ever since. He has subsequently come over all Martin Guerre. I think I liked the first guy better.

7. I have a thing about my toenails being painted. They haven’t been naked in years.

8. I am frequently described as ‘intimidating’.

9. Marionettes freak me out, especially the whole Lonely Goatherd thing from The Sound of Music. Muppets – argh!

10. I wanted to be a writer but have since realised that I lack both talent and imagination.

11. I’m far more romantic than I usually admit. Ugh, I’m such a girl!

12. I have been told several times that I ‘look like a school teacher’. The same people usually think that this means I should become one. They are uniformly taken aback when I illustrate, in colourful terms, exactly what I loathe about the idea and why I would do a Janet Frame if forced into that position.

13. I feel like a drag queen whenever I dress up.

14. I enjoyed playing Hungry Hungry Hippo [only I think they were crocodiles] with my three year old nephew – the little fucker cheats but it was fun anyway.

15. The name nailpolishblues is one that I made up several years ago for chat. It came about after I experimented with the Queen Victoria cure for pms. It didn’t really work but I found that I didn’t really care…

16. I pretty much always land on my feet like a cat – metaphorically, not physically, ouch.

17. I am having pizza for dinner. My delivery ‘boy’ was young, tall, dark, and hot. Damn. I was wearing trackies and a bonds t-shirt. Double damn.

18. My degree reads: Bachelor of Arts (History and Government and International Relations). It makes it sound like I did a lot more work than I really did.

19. Nobody tagged me; I’m memeing out of boredom.

20. I am pigeon-toed but it’s only obvious when I trip over my own feet or when I’m really tired and can’t be bothered straightening my feet when I walk. I can turn my feet so that my insteps make a straight line with my big toes touching. Actually, I just tried it and I seem to have lost a little flexibility. It hurts my knees to go the other way…

17 comments:

TimT said...

"I have a thing about my toenails being painted. They haven’t been naked in years."

All of a sudden, I am filled with lust for your naked toenails. If I were your uncle, I probably would have crashed the car after ogling your pinkies.

These weren't just interesting, they were fascinating.

Anonymous said...

Good list. Your Uncle ogles your boobs? Ick. Your last post disproves number 10. I think school teacher and intimidating are the same thing.

Steph said...

Number 3 and number 5. So me. We might be related.

Apples said...

Oh I remember you telling me about #3 when we were out on NYE. Note I made NO effort to stop you -- that's how good a friend I am. LOL!


I had no idea about #20. I'll be watching you. WATCHING. YOU.

Huggies said...

2. Gee your uncle is a dirty bastard.

3. Do tell us where you stick the handset ?

14. Hungry Hungry Hippo is a preety good game. I could play that game again.

Unknown said...

I meme out of boredom quite often. I'm just a lonely, bored bitch. Oh well.

Myke Bartlett said...

10. I take issue with.

12. I feel your pain. I am constantly being told I look like a teacher. And now I am one. Damn. I also took a similar anti-teaching position as yours until very recently.

4. I want to put these drawing skills to work for How to Disappear as I have none.

Shelley said...

timt: ummmm, errrr *runs of giggling*

jth: I thought the perving was a bit tame actually, most of my uncles feel the need to handle the merchandise. Ewwwwwwwww.

steph: um, yeah, okay...

Bourbs: you are an evil goblin! I bet you make me trip all the time now! [oh and thanks, I've come over all embarrassed when it comes to timt now...]

Huggies: 2 -> see jth
3 - that's NOT the problem
14 - it's awesome, I can see much potnetial for drunken tournaments...

Glen: Wanna take it outside, bitch?

themarina: fancy a game of drunken meme hungry hungry hippo playing? [oh no that sounds...SO VERY WRONG!!]

Myke: I think they mean that I look frumpy...or maybe like a frumpy lesbian - oh no, those were my high-school art teachers...
Even my stick men look retarded at the moment :(

Anonymous said...

20: gross. But thanks for making me look up tQVc4PMS. And (google to the rescue): pupaphobia = fear of puppets. I shit you not.

Although there is some contention about whether a marionette is technically a puppet.

Apples said...

I will not be held responsible for anything you say or do, Nails.

You brought it on yourself. You see the sick world you foot fetishists live in?

Shelley said...

Not as gross as you think, Mark. Can be useful too...
I think I now have fear of pupaphobia - the word is awful!!
Too much googling = not enough to do...

It's mean of you to call Tim sick, Bourbs...

Anonymous said...

I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Apples said...

Oh my God, I nearly heaved at the link on that last one.

Why do I feel like that came from Misha?

Anonymous said...

Guess again Bourbon girl!

Apples said...

Rachel.

Shelley said...

I was wondering if it was Rach...

Anonymous said...

good sleuthing girls:-)