Sunday, September 23, 2007

Oh Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Let me tell you just how retarded I am. I just spent a couple of months without proper TV because I temporarily forgot how complicated my TV/VCR/DVD/STB set up is. Tonight I gave it a final attempt and suddenly remembered that I can only access the STB channels through a particular channel on the VCR. Not expecting anything much, I flipped through the VCR channels and suddenly came across my missing STB/aerial set up. Remember, MONTHS. I missed the end of Dr Who - and most of the middle bits too. Ugh. Argh! Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!!!
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think a normal person would have worked this out MUCH sooner. So dumb. So very very dumb.
My parents/sister are going to DIE laughing at me.

8 comments:

Mish said...

But hey, think of all the stuff you wouldn't have done if you had the television there to distract you.

Mark said...

Hah, trust me - the middle bits of Dr Who sucked copious amounts of cock. The final 2 were OK tho.

TVs are becoming fickle things. I have tv on the computer and that's better than most, but it's still prone to crashing.

nailpolishblues said...

I really didn't do anything with that free time, Mish. I merely contemplated doing things.

Yes, Mark, but I missed quality time with David Tennant. This makes me sob into my tea.
The TV was fine, the set up makes me wish I understood technical things a whole lot better. I am clearly an ass.

Dale Slamma said...

I had the same problem on the weekend, I called three people before someone could come and help me. I called a doctor, a teacher and finally it was a care worker that helped me. Very spazzy of me indeed.

JahTeh said...

I run my TV through the VCR but it's a nightmare if I accidently change anything.
1. keep the long sight glasses on for looking at the TV
2. keep the reading glasses on for the instruction book
3. Yell a lot of four letter words.

nailpolishblues said...

I had nobody to help me, Dale, and now I'm quite relieved about it. I do hate blushing.

jahteh, I'm short-sighted [almost typed shit-sighted which is quite true] so I'm never free!!!! Although there is something to be said about watching a blurry telly. With the sound off. After the guy downstairs has smoked a plantation.

JahTeh said...

This short sighted bit pisses me because I used to be able to read a book and watch the Teev at the same time now I just listen.

Anonymous said...

wow gold
wow gold
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow powerleveling
wow powerleveling
wow powerleveling
World Of Warcraft power leveling
World Of Warcraft power leveling
World Of Warcraft power leveling
World Of Warcraft powerleveling
World Of Warcraft powerleveling
World Of Warcraft powerleveling
wow power level
wow power level
wow power level
cheap wow power leveling
cheap wow power leveling
cheap wow powerleveling
cheap wow powerleveling
codeheart article
Warcraft Gold
World of Warcraft Gold
cheap wow gold